WEC Projects has a specialist energy division responsible for all aspects of your biogas to energy / power project.
Biogas to Energy
WEC Projects provides complete turnkey solutions for your biogas-to-energy project. Large municipal wastewater treatment works that process more than 10 ML per day typically have anaerobic digesters to reduce the total organic load on the plant and to stabilise the sludge before disposal. WEC Projects is able to design, construct and operate biogas to combined heat and power plants for or on behalf of any municipal entity. Our scope includes digester gas analysis and the supply of complete digester gas conditioning systems for end-use of the gas.
We also target the following:
- Landfill sites
- Various industrial applications including food processing, breweries and industries which produce a high soluble COD waste stream
- The agricultural industry
The technologies and processes typically included in a biogas-to-energy project include:
- Gas scrubbing solutions
- Moisture removal
- Gas engine supply
- Rebuilds, operation and maintenance
- Switch gear and transformer supply
From the initial desktop feasibility studies and preliminary design through to the turnkey provision of a total biogas-to-energy solution – WEC Projects delivers.
Summary of Scope
Municipal wastewater treatment works larger than 10 ml/day typically have anaerobic digesters to reduce the total organic load on the WWTW and to stabilise the sludge before disposal to comply with local legislation. WEC Projects has the capability to design, construct and operate biogas to combined heat and power plants for or on behalf of any municipal entity. Our scope includes digester gas analysis and the supply of complete digester gas conditioning systems for end use of the gas.
- We provide gas analysis services for existing landfill gas operations.
- We advise on the most suitable landfill gas conditioning system to ensure maximum engine availability and up-time, with continued gas monitoring, to ensure the gas quality can be guaranteed for 10 years.
- Effluent streams from food processing, agricultural by-products, breweries and sectors that produce high soluble COD waste streams can benefit from our expertise.
- This includes the entire effluent clean-up process and possible production of biogas for use at source.
- With or without energy recovery, we will investigate and provide a complete solution for the cleaning of the effluent stream.
- We will explore all project appropriate and beneficial uses of the biogas produced by your industrial anaerobic digester and propose the best economical use of the gas ensuring the best return on investment.
- On farms – anaerobic digestion with energy recovery makes sense.
- We will work with you every step of the way from initial contact and concept through to commissioning as well as ongoing operation and maintenance.
- We will cover every aspect from legislative requirements to process and mechanical design, all the while ensuring the best financial outcome of the project.
Our scope of supply includes
- Process and mechanical design
- Equipment supply
- Operation and maintenance contracts
- Refurbishment of old municipal digesters and the construction of new digesters for both municipal and industrial clients
- Replacement of old mechanical, electrical and control equipment
- Design and supply of mechanical, electrical and control equipment
Project proposal evaluation and modelling
We will assist with initial feasibility calculations and exercises from concept initiation through to preliminary design, detailed design, construction, project implementation, commissioning and operation, and maintenance.
The project design incorporates hazardous area classification, best use of biogas, all mechanical and control, and instrumentation ensuring the best financial return.
Digester design and mixing equipment
Preliminary and detailed digester and digester systems design.
- Mixing systems
- Heating systems
- Calculation of optimum retention times
- Maximising gas production
Gas storage facilitiesWe can:
- Design, fabricate and supply of the most appropriate gas storage systems in line with the project requirements and specifications
- Provide engineering expertise in terms of gas utilisation and gas infrastructure.
- Provide customised solutions to ensure the gas storage complements the project’s deliverables, maximising return on investment.
Gas conditioning systems
WEC Projects is the exclusive sub-Saharan partner and representative for the Robinson Group, the world’s leading biogas conditioning and scrubbing experts and pioneers in the development of the field. Robinson Group consults, develops, markets and manufactures biogas conditioning plants to ensure the long-term beneficial use of the gas.
Talk to an expert
Get in touch with us today to learn how to tranform your current or next project into a success.